Easy Vitamix, Creamy Non-Dairy Vegetable Soup
- 1 Carton of Organic Chicken Broth
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 1 Large Tomato or 3-4 Small
- 2 Shallots or 1 med Onion
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 T fresh ginger
- 1 small piece Turmeric
- ½ jalapeño or ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-3 cup water
- 1-2 T parsley
- Other Ingredients:
- Add 1½ cups of yellow or green split peas (or mixture) or red or green lentils
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups Kale or Spinach
- Place everything above in a Vitamix or high powered blender and blend through.
- Pour in a large stock pot.
- If you want a different texture, cook all ingredients together and then blend afterward.
- Bring mixture to a boil and simmer for an hour or two. (This recipe can easily be made in a crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.)
- When soup is done but still hot, add 2 cups of spinach or kale.