Hilary’s Paleo Banana Muffins
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil room temperature but not melted
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup finely ground almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 overly ripe medium sized bananas (the browner the better!)
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Mash bananas with vanilla and almond milk, set aside.
- Whisk coconut oil with honey and maple syrup, add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add apple cider vinegar.
- Add all of dry ingredients whisking to combine.
- When almost mixed add banana mixture and whisk just until batter comes together.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and or nuts.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops have browned lightly and a toothpick comes out clean.