Immune Boosting Chicken Vegetable Soup
- 2 chicken breast with bones & skin
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2-3T olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4-5 carrots with skin cut into half moons
- 4-5 stalks of celery sliced thin (add leafy parts)
- 1-2 parsnips, sliced into half moons
- 1-2 pieces lemon grass cut in thirds
- (remove before serving)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1-2 cups chopped lacianto/dinasour kale
- 1 box organic chicken broth
- 1-2T grated fresh turmeric
- 1-2T grated fresh ginger
- 1-2T grated fresh garlic
- 1-2T chopped fresh parsley
- Himalayan or sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small chopped jalapeno or cayenne pepper to taste
- 2-4 cups of water
- Prep all of the veggies as stated on list.
- Add onion and olive oil to large pot. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and parsnips and continue to cook.
- Add chopped tomato, turmeric, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, jalapeno and parsley.
- Add chicken and chicken broth. Add extra water to cover everything. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil. After it boils, cover with a slight tilt to lid and simmer. Cook for 1.5-2 hours on low heat.
- Remove chicken and cool on a cutting board. Remove skin & bones. Chop or shred meat and place back into the soup.
- Turn off burner and add chopped Kale. The kale will retain firmness and will not be overcooked even when reheating the soup.
- Add more salt to taste. Recipe can be adjusted to add other veggies, brown rice, pasta, etc. Enjoy! It is hearty, healthy and immune boosting.