Peppermint Cocoa Truffles
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter, no salt/oil added
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 tsp peppermint
- In a medium sized bowl, cover pitted dates with hot water. Soak dates for 20 minutes.
- Place oats in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. (Bowl must be completely dry.)
- Drain and chop dates. Reserve soaking liquid.
- Add drained and chopped dates, 1⁄2 cup of the cocoa powder, almond butter, vanilla, and peppermint to the oats
in the food processor.
- Process all ingredients until finely ground and sticking together. Mixture should be a dough-like consistency.
Add reserved soaking liquid as needed to help mixture stick together.
- Form truffle mixture into balls roughly 1- 11⁄2 in diameter.
- Roll balls in remaining 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder to coat with rich cocoa flavor.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.